Whether it’s a Gaudí-designed masterpiece in Barcelona, an underground cathedral in Ethiopia, or a tiny stone chapel in New Zealand, there’s no denying the aesthetic draw of churches—and these 20 incredible structures draw extra attention for their angles. Here, proof that a little faith (and a lot of artistic genius) goes a long way.
See our list of the most beautiful synagogues in the world.
1. St. Basil’s Cathedral, Moscow, Russia
2. Hallgrímskirkja, Reykjavík, Iceland
3. Gergeti Trinity Church, Georgia
See our list of the most beautiful mosques in the world.
4. Notre-Dame Basilica, Montreal, Canada
5. Church of the Transfiguration, Kizhi Island, Russia
See the rest of The Most Beautiful Churches in the World on
More from Condé Nast Traveler:
The Friendliest and Unfriendliest Cities in the World
50 Things to Do in America Before You Die
The Most Beautiful Island on Earth